Sunday, November 2, 2008

i spy with my little eye...

Wonderboy and i were playing "i spy" after my shower. i was pointing out out stuff that may have been a little difficult to a 6 year old, i guess, but i swear i thought "the bottle with yellow liquid and red words" would be apt enough to describe the windex for kitchens, but whatever. so Wonderboy schooled me in the art of "i spy." "mom, mom....I spy, with my little eye, something blue and white and HAT SHAPED!" i pretended to look puzzled (i almost typed flummoxed, because it sounds like something dr. seuss would say. or am i thinking of a lorax?) and then said, "OH! is it this blue and white HAT???" Wonderboy excitedly said "yeah! good job mom!" i laughed, telling him how tricky he was. "it wasn't too tricky, though, right, mom?" "i mean, it's just daddy's hat."
guess that'll learn me.

2 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Oy, I use the word flummoxed a lot.
And I don't partake in pot.
And yet I think Suess rhymes are hot.
But Suessian? I am not.

Kim Moldofsky said...

That's cute. You have to remember stuff like this because before you know it he's going to be a sullen tween. Just sayin'.