Friday, February 20, 2009

spin cycle...laugh in style

okay, jen, so for today's spin i have two things that crack me up.
one, when we go to lane bryant and princess sees the bras, she gets all excited and screams "boobies! BOOBIES!" over and over. while shaking her chest back and forth.
two, at christmas we took the kids to this awesome light display in carthage missouri that the vietnamese catholic church puts on. it's amazing...acres of christmas lights in displays of biblical scenes. wonderboy asked who did the lights and i told him the vietnamese. a few seconds goes by, in which he's craning his head around, and then he says "but i don't see her," sounding disappointed. puzzled, j and i asked, "see who?" wonderboy, looking still, "beauty and the beast. she's not here!"
and that, ladies and gentlemen, is why i procreated.

4 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

"Boobies!" That one would never fail to have me laughing! Especially with some of the bra sizes! We were in Target one day and Sprite ran into the intimates section and grabbed a size (I'm not even sure, it was huge!) because it had hearts all over it and put it on her head. My kid has a big head and this thing almost came down to her ears. Ouch!
You're linked!

True Blue Texan said...

Hi! Came over from Sprite's Keeper. This reminds me of a time when my Eldest was only 2 or so. (She's almost 21 now). We were at a party. All of our friends were single and none had children so we already stuck out. I was in a room full of men with her in my arms when she grabs my shirt, pulls it open, peers in and announces, in her loudest little girl voice "Boobs! Two of them!" And if that wasn't hilarious enough, (Everyone in the room was laughing)one of the gentlemen there was a friend of ours who is now a Baptist minister. He blushed. But not just a simple rosy glow to his cheeks. Oh no. A line of red, literally a line, went up his face from his chin to his hairline until his entire face was red. It was almost a funny as the kid. Thanks for reminding me!

Laufa said...

LOL, the things people hear. I was telling a friend of mine that I was going to the Propaleaum (means gate), it's a tea house here. Anyways he thought I kept saying the Purple Lamb. I told him that would be the restaurant next door, jokingly.

Andrea Frazer - Pass the Zoloft said...

Boobies and the Beast! Hilarious.

I'm glad I found you again.

Let me know how you are doing. Wheneavh, dahlink!